Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Masala Dosa

I serve dosa with bhindi sweet-sour gojju. And sometimes with brinjal-onion curry to the absolute amazement of my friends. A Masala Dosa should be made with potato-onion curry and chatni they tell me. That it is devoured with sambar in hotels is a totally different matter and a mind blowing puzzle. When I tell them...look this is how great inventions are made
They just laugh.
Einstein of Masala Dosa ... they jibe.
As I go around Delhi I get to see Masala Dosa on many a menu ... served with paneer, choley and even non-veg fillings!! Not that I would ever try Paneer masala dosa. I don't like paneer anyway. It's so bland!
20 years ago my friend wore kameez with cotton pants to work. She was at the receiving end of much laughter and a ticking off from her Princi. Today that's the most common dress seen in colleges.
Whether it is a matter of Masala Dosa or Beads in the hair or Camera in a spectacle-frame, someone has to be crazy enough to think of it!
I give a high-five to this article all in support of crazy thinkers.
read and enjoy
Seth Godin

3 comments:

  1. i would like to add that I can eat two Masala Dosa at dose Camp jayanagar, but I feel exhausted to complete 70% of dosa served in hotels at delhi !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Hi ma'am! I had no idea you were blogging till you left a comment on my blog :)Reinventing the most classic south indian dish must take a lot of guts hahaha :) The poems are really sweet too! Will keep visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. why, thankyou assorted cookies. would love to have u visit me.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by. Do tell me what you think.