Monday, November 1, 2010

PAIN - mind it

It is 1971, I open my books, take out my pencil pouch, resign myself to the HSC guide. The HSC guides contain questions papers of the last ten years. No answers! I begin with problem one and the mike at the local puja pandal goes keeee kuu keee! Mere sapnon ki rani and Roop tera mastana blare into my mind (and soul) exactly when I am supposed to be studying for the HSC board exams. I am quite sure that is the reason why after a page full of calculations  I arrive at the father's age in problem 9 (I underline the answer with flourish) but it turns out that dad is 23 while the son is 21.
In the 70s the endless songs from puja pandals crept into your homes, occupied the chairs and filled every space inside the body too. But somehow the songs from the pandals never disturbed me, actually I couldn't even hear them, when I was reading an Agatha Christie or a Harold Robbins.
Pain is like that too.
Pain overpowers your thoughts and abducts your mind if you do not quickly take up something so interesting that thoughts of pain are pushed out.

  • A job, a passion, an urgent duty become handy tools to forget pain.
  • When you are too busy pain is a luxury.
  • When you are too free, pain is an occupation.
riddle:
What do you call a visitor who leaves painful memories?
answer
Chikungunya

See the title of this post again. Did that remind you of Rajnikanth? Well it was supposed to. Only, ... Rajni Sir is all laughter ........ the only pain you get is by laughing! Want to know what happened when I met an actor? Click and read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for stopping by. Do tell me what you think.