Friday, December 10, 2010

Adopt a Habit




Last week my daughter told me.........
It was plant week at office. Lots of plants in plastic covers are brought into office. You can pick one and take it home. She has brought home a hibiscus plant. Now she has put it carefully into a special pot.

She will water it everyday. Shift it so it can get sunlight, Delhi is pretty cold in winter.....Spray it with pesticide....remove yellow leaves.....turn the hardened soil...
whew
That is literally taking on a new commitment.
But what if I am not ready to really commit myself for life? With the little bottle necks I am passing through some one who loves me told me.... calm your mind. Meditate. Read the Ashtotras every day. Pray for an hour.
Welllllllll...
I am not that much into ritualistic religion
So doing that would essentially change me?
But I am not ready to really change life attitudes
We hang on to what we are.........dont we?

Then I tell myself
What if I am only trying it out for some time?
What if I am not really changing my life attitude......only Adopting a habit........and if I like it.....I can make it into a lifetime commitment

That makes me open to try out new ideas


----------------------

So I have adopted this habit.........I chant the Vinayaka Ashtotra everyday. Will tell you if it made a difference to me....

---------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for stopping by. Do tell me what you think.