Wednesday, February 2, 2011

How do I pick up the correct key



if I have not decided on the lock?


two keys
There was this farmer who was noted for his generosity. Now one day, he had a lot of things to be done around the farm. So he called to a group a kids standing in the shade of trees.
‘Ohoy! You there’. He said…or something to that effect…
‘Come on. Help me with chores and I will give you what you ask for.’
The boys and girls skipped across the mud road and willingly agreed to help him. Kids can surprise you about what they skip along about!!

‘Dillon, you clean the hen coop. And what do you want for it?’
‘Sir, I want a large red pumpkin.’ He said, in an I am sure…kind of voice’
‘Punit and Simi you give my room a whitewash.’
‘Yes we can do that. And can we take some firewood?’ Punit the elder brother asked, a little apprehensively.
‘O yes. I got plenty of that…I will give you a load of cut and dried firewood,’ he said. I told you he was a generous farmer.
‘Minal you collect the ripe beans and brinjals from the kitchen garden.’ And….
Before he could complete the mandatory question she asked enthusiastically
‘Uncle, may I take a small puppy? I would like the brown one.’
‘Done, you take the brown pup. He is a good one, he is!’
Joss, help me wash the cows will you? Not scared of them…are you? He asked and guffawed loudly.
Joss was not too keen, but he had to agree. ‘Yes, I will do it. ‘ he mumbled.
‘What will you have as reward?’
‘Anything sir. Give me anything.’

By four afternoon, all work was done. Dillon got a large red pumpkin and he was mighty thrilled. Punit and Simi got a wheelbarrow loaded with firewood. You should have been there to see the wide grins on their faces. And Mina ...Oh she was overjoyed to hold the wriggling brown pup and raced home to show it to her mother.
Now, Joss had done an excellent job too. The farmer pointed at a large basket of oranges and looked at him, but he didn’t see a grin on Joss’ face. So he brought out an ornate wooden box and asked him if he would like that………uh-uh not a very encouraging response…

Tell me, Joss, what do you want?
Anything…anything sir…
The farmer filled a bag with good healthy goat poop and said, ‘here …take it…this is the best thing I have.’ For a farmer good manure is a heaven sent!
Joss took the bag with a sigh.
Tell me,
If you do not know what you want how will you know you have got it?
If you do not know what you want, how will you get it?




Plain poop for one is manure for the other!





2 comments:

Hey, thanks for stopping by. Do tell me what you think.