Friday, August 26, 2011

We need a Hero

Anna Hazare has come as a welcome breath of fresh air. The youth of India need an escape from the cynicism of the elders and the despair of the weak.

This momentous turn of events catapults people into a CAN DO spirit. Whether the Jan Lokpal Bill is effective in curbing corruption or not is a different matter. Today again we are looking at corruption as an aberration rather than an accepted mode of life. More power to that.

Important are the subtle lessons we learn. Success comes from ...

Maintaining good health
Having a clear goal
Being tenacious enough to be at it for that much longer
Non-violent approach
Strategizing to checkmate the opponent
Using technology and diverse allies to reach out to all sections
Clarity of expression


Anna Hazare and the people

I recall some lines from Samuel Coleridge in the Rime of the Ancient Mariner .

(Having committed an unpardonable crime the Mariner is marooned at Sea. And after a heartfelt repentance, deliverance from pain comes in the form of WIND that pushes the ship to a safe shore. I think the lines are apt in the context of India now.)

But soon there breathed a wind on me,
Nor sound nor motion made:
Its path was not upon the sea,
In ripple or in shade.

It raised my hair, it fanned my cheek
Like a meadow-gale of spring—
It mingled strangely with my fears,
Yet it felt like a welcoming.


---------------------
And much appeal I think comes from the grandfather look!

1 comment:

Hey, thanks for stopping by. Do tell me what you think.