Thursday, May 5, 2011

My cutting board

About looking for things that are actually right under your nose - after all

Early this morning I reached for it ... the chopping board ... that is ... and did not find it there. I mean I always stand it over the tap, leaning against the wall, allowing the water to drip into the sink, while the chopping board dries. But today it's not there.
I hunt over the counter
mutter at the maid and
look in the draws
I even crouch to see under the cupboard and
pull open the crockery cabinet
and finally I give up and begin to rinse the coffee mugs ...that is when I find it.
Right there on the drain board, leaning inconspicuously against the side wall of the same colour.

my chopping board

Sometimes we just dont get it
When we are caught up with our habit formed presumptions...
We look for time tested slots into which we automatically put
people
situations
reactions
conversations
And when it does not fit, we are lost.
I must remember
Not all cutting-boards are on the tap leaning against the wall dripping into the sink
?
-
--------------------------
Warts and all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for stopping by. Do tell me what you think.