What we did see were interesting undulations causing an absorbing play of sun and shadow.
I get the feeling that it is perhaps reclaimed land. I learn later that it was designed in 1969. It was made this way.
Rows of splendid purple and contrasting light green, are surprised by a shock of bright yellow ….. leaves, stems and flowers
Nehru Park gets many visitors. Casual ones like us and committed daily joggers. We see many things but register a few. Here is what I registered.
- Two young men and sooooo many dogs on their health walk. The large German Shepherd strode majestically while the little guys (miniscule hairy ones … what are they called?) scampered to keep pace. Oh! They looked so cute.
- Couples entwined in a private world of bliss
- Kids raced around hands stretched as aeroplanes, played cricket with a plastic ball and chased each other in rare freedom
- Elite joggers in designer shorts did their health bit
- Yoga postures
- Deep breathing
- Half-conversations on cell phones
- Men in power and position with mandatory bodyguards in tow
- Flitting dragonflies