Thursday, April 1, 2010

So, what are you doing?

Yeah, this is what they have been asking me, ever since I quit my e-learning job in Bangalore and came here to Delhi. I tell them, I keep home, I cook fine meals, read a lot, blog, I catch up with friends on fb, and just be myself.


Ye-e-e-es they say, drawing it out like a well worn chewing gum. Then a brain wave happens. You approach this XYZ School down the road. I am sure they will give you a job - a conciliatory tone. You could take English tuitions at home – a brighter tone. You were with an e-learning company you could go around and sell the CDs. They add helpfully. Yeah right. I picture myself at metro stations with 25 CDs in their fancy plastic jackets chanting CDs saab CDs -100 rupees for three.

Naa. I know that’s not what they mean. They are just trying to tell me that I am so smart and so sharp and so great that I should not be wanting to simply sit at home. But, hey! That’s what I want to do. ok? That’s why I quit. See?

But now I have a job. Last week we attended a discussion forum. At a friendly post discussion chat I elaborated on my above-stated-attitude. And you will not believe this. I met this gentleman who has started a company that helps people decide to quit their job.

So now I am working for this company. We have a lot of people who do not actually want to work. We help them lead an intentional life. We tell them how their life can be better when they do what they really want to do. That is, in this case, quit their jobs. I meet a lot of interesting persons.

Yesterday I spoke to a lady who has a 9am to 9pm job. She wants to quit as she has found no time to redo the home décor for seven years. We could sense her deep pain. I also met this 29 year old who wants to retire at 30. But this time we went all out to convince him that he should reconsider his decision… unless he could inherit a fortune.

Interested?

Would you like to know more about my workplace?

Try this link. Click Here   So, what are you doing











.
.
.
.
.
hehehehehe

5 comments:

  1. so, donot reire while you are jogging?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what????????????????????????? !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh amma!!! cant believe i fell for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...This one is good.

    Within the family, I have heard grumbles like, 'Ratna paints so well, why cant she teach the kids (in the colony) painting...' I used to wonder, why people are so obsessed about always 'doing something' with their talent or knowledge.

    I wondered 'may be Ratna athige paints for fun, may be she doesnt know how to teach....may be, painting cannot be taught,......well.....then....how does it matter to anyone whether she teaches painting or not?'

    Why should there always be a way of being known/famous or earning money, in the space where you want to be free, be yourself?
    You can be great at something and the world need not know about it if you chose.
    'Saarthakathe' as said in kannada is individual's own perception and can be experienced only when a choice is made.

    As 'Geetha' says 'Live life by choice'

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by. Do tell me what you think.