Thursday, August 26, 2010

Order for an Emotion



We have this favourite restaurant in CP. Of course the place has been quite unreachable for some time now because of all the digging up, thanks to common wealth games.
Well that is beside the point …
When I read the menu in this restaurant, I can see many dishes listed that we have not tried. I would love to try them some day. I swear I will. I must…
But not today
Is this true of emotions too? Do emotions just happen, or do we invite emotions that we have tried and do enjoy. Let us admit it. We can enjoy a burst of negative emotion too such as anger or jealousy or bitching.

Are there emotions that we have never tried? They are available on the menu. But when we encounter an opportunity to try them do we say, not today?

Can we wilfully seek an emotion? I mean actually call for it, like we call for dishes at a restaurant.
Try this. Watch a queasy scene or a horror story or a tear jerker. Go full way. Get queasy or horrified or tearful. Order this dish of emotion that you have not tried before.
Can we really do that? Order for an emotion?

2 comments:

  1. go on a roller coaster :)

    nice one amma! i like this one more than all of ur previous ones! good thinking !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou. compliments from u gives me a high :). yes roller coaster in disneyland

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by. Do tell me what you think.