Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Help me

Can someone cure me? I have this malady called ISS. Nah, it has nothing to do with Mallika Sharawat or HISS. I caught it long back. Maybe when I was 10 or 12. It’s called Immediate Slotting Syndrome. I look at a thing and mentally go right / wrong. Way back I would enjoy biting into a white Chicklet. Suddenly ISS would hit and I would give it away with a sigh.


 Find the right place for everything

We are driving down a road and I see MARY QUEEN SCHOOL only the Y has fallen off! So I go bad, that mars the school name!
After that we see a family feeding puri-halwa to the hungry and I smile in approval.
O, look at that boy on the scooter zipping away ignoring the red light … bad.
Lovely decorative lights at the shop. So inviting. Good
Aaargh! Can someone save me? I know this is wrong. I shouldn’t be doing this …
Oops! There I go again.
Actually there was a short one week phase when I was cured. Let me tell you about it. I listened to a very spiritual and inspiring guru. He told us nothing is wrong or right, it is our thinking that makes it so. So actually everything is in a faintly grey zone. 
Ok.
So I am in this all grey mood.
My husband offers to drop me to my friend’s house in Malleswaram. Suddenly he asks me, straight or right? O no, now I need to choose. I need to say right and wrong? I dawdle and he misses the turn. Finally we entered a one way – Bangalore is full of those – and drove around for another 10 minutes before we reached her house.
The next day we had to select two sarees. When I am afflicted with ISS I just go yes, no, no, yes, no, no, no, as the salesman pulls out sarees. After 6 minutes I look at all the ‘yesses’, again I go yes, no, no, yes and within 15 minutes my purchases are made.
That day I was in this grey tone. So the sarees were good, not so good, little good.. Aargh, how do I choose? I picked the beige with red and black border and a pastel green with small buttas but was not very sure I picked the best. What about that maroon one? Or that peacock blue with zari border? Oh! It was all grey.
ISS has its benefits. But really I want a cure from ISS.
Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. There are no cures - this is a part of being human. But acknowledging already takes you steps further than the rest of us :)

    Keep up the good work on this blog!

    Pratibha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pratibha, lovely to read your comment. and aaah thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by. Do tell me what you think.