Monday, November 19, 2012

The panic button

I am in chicago airport. I need to catch the connecting flight to sfo. Not much time left. All around me are so many people in so many shades of skin colour busy commuting within this vast airport. What is that rapid drum beat i hear? Oh...thats my heart! Its beating so hard i barely hear the sounds around me.
Then i say to myself. Hello. Stop. You can do this.
And the noise subsides. I am able to think.
I walk and walk and walk and reach the point at which i can board the shuttle that will take me gate C. The queue snakes all down the wee passage and half way down the aisle. A shuttle comes once in ten minutes and i miss two trips for there are way too many people.  My panic button is ready to trigger. I again say to myself. Hello. Stop.
There are two happy approachable ladies in the line ... Excuse me. What is the time in chicago pls? I have a 6pm flight to catch. They do not 'have the time'. But they are taking the 5.20 flight to LA.
Hey! If they are so cool. Why am i pressing the panic button?
Pressing the panic button has nothing to do with the gravity of the situation.

It is a habit. Some do it. Some dont.

------------------------------------

1 comment:

Hey, thanks for stopping by. Do tell me what you think.