Friday, August 2, 2013

Not so scary

Live your childhood dream.
Just do it.
Make it happen.

That's what they all tell us. Ya right. But hey, what if I don't like that dream life after all? What if I goof up? What if I am good at it and yet don't have the will...energy to keep at it?
What if after all that self mobilization I am left feeling more of a failure?

And then I find this video in TED talks that sets me free.
The commitment is just for a month. I can safely change my mind after that and still feel good about myself.

Yoohoo!  Do watch Matt. It hardly takes two minutes.

So here is my 'first 30day target'
no afternoon nap (o-ho)
paint/sketch/pen one tree a day (You will see them soon)
read 200 pages a day (I begin with Great Expectations)

--------------------
Learning to go from We to Me ... is tough ... but possible?

5 comments:

  1. You just have to change the definition of " We "

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting posts!

    Have you read the blog -vegan india.

    You can get all the info regarding sufferings endured by cows in India in the blog, vegan india...

    These days it is possible to be a vegan in India.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Akhila's way of putting it.

    Welcome back, you've been missed.

    Pratibha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Akhila, I am trying to do that.
    Thank you Kumudha. and yes, I will explore the vegan blog.
    Yes Pratibha, I guess I have been missing myself too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Ratna.... indeed delightful to read ... mind you I am doing it in my office and I am lost in it... and as they say... Yahooo.... I have consumed over 2 hours reading your blogs.... lovely indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for stopping by. Do tell me what you think.