Friday, January 21, 2011

Something tells me ...

... that Today is a Good Day.



Have you tried getting up before dawn in winter? I hadn't. and TODAY was a first for me. You know there is this ad that comes on TV asking us...When was the last time you tried something for the first time?
So well this is what I tried... getting out of bed!

My warm feet on the cold mosaic floor sends shock waves! ... I need to buy runners for the bed
I pull open the curtains and it is dark outside. I got up before the Sun did!
yooohooo
I make my cup of ginger-tea and carry it to the balcony. The white rays of the gentle morning sun begin to spread their glow.
They touch leaves of tall trees to colour them, they tap on antennas and make them sparkle...pass a gentle hand over roof tops to bless, and then fill the air with light.
The birds go kuiku-kuiku-chi-chikkui-kuiku. They have sooooo much to say to each other...and mind you they have just got up!
Amazing energy to begin the day with!
The apartment stirs awake.
Cars get washed, milk sachets get loaded into bags, newspapers go into homes, the rickshaws line up in place, smoke curls out from the tea shacks, school buses stop at gates and life unfurls.
Something tells me TODAY is a good day. And nice things will happen today.

You have a good day too



-------------------------------
Wish you many happy returns of the day
------------------------------



1 comment:

Hey, thanks for stopping by. Do tell me what you think.