Friday, April 1, 2011

Bundled up to be Free

About letting our hair down
while we are zipped up into snowsuit

Paragliders come sailing down the sky in a whoosh. This looks thrilling. But I notice they all take a rough landing on their feet and tumble into the soft snow. I so badly want to try the para gliding. But we are concerned about my knee. So we settle for the smaller thrill of sliding down the snow. We slide down snow slopes (before that we trudge to the top … no pain no gain!)


sliding down a snow hill

Snow lumps together when I roll some. I make a Lilliputian snowman and give him a matchstick to smoke.


Hubby does not find the snow too cold. He plays with it without the gloves on. A mountain of snow makes a cool mouthful.


There was this tall mound of snow. I wonder how it piled up there. Anyway we had fun conquering this mountain! One of the EASY Mountains my husband has conquered.


Do you recall our game of throwball in Janapada Loka? I wish we were a large group here too. I miss my family here. But we play throw and catch with large chunks of snow!


Do you think a real closeup shot will reveal Snow crystals? haha try and see them here...

snow crystals
Once in a while its fun to just let go. The best part was...no one knew us here...so we could just freak out! We chatted loudly in Kannada to each other, we had many more kannada families coming up to us and sharing a smile. We clicked pictures with strangers, shared chai with touring families and consoled crying babies. That is tomorrow's story.

---------------------------------

1 comment:

Hey, thanks for stopping by. Do tell me what you think.